Topic: Greetings from US

Greetings, I wanted to introduce myself and tell a little about my experience. I am from the US in Virginia and have just begun to relearn guitar after many years.
I first purchased a Squire by Fender and small amp, but found that the neck width was just too small for my fingers, so I found a Lyon made by Washburn that fits my hand very nicley. ( I know they are both very inexpensive guitars, but wanted to make sure I was going to stick with playing again before purchasing an expensive guitar).
I am here to learn all I can from you guy's, and will probably just lurk some at first, but already have many newbie questions that I want to ask, will save those for later. Thanks. default/smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Greetings from US

Hey and welcome. Hope you enjoy the forum. Any questions you have then feel free to ask. We have a whole bunch of friendly people with varying musical tastes.

What music are you into and what do you like to play on the guitar?

Olly wrote:

Hey and welcome. Hope you enjoy the forum. Any questions you have then feel free to ask. We have a whole bunch of friendly people with varying musical tastes.

What music are you into and what do you like to play on the guitar?

I like rock and blues, but right now just learning the ropes again. When much younger I played drums in a local band, but would pick up the guitar when I had a chance and enjoyed it very much, then life got in the way and it has been a number of years since I have played. Learning most by memory and the internet, but it seems I just can't put the guitar down, I love it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Welcome Novice 1!
Whern the bug really gets bad, you'll find the guitar grumbles at you if you walk past and ignore it.
Has you part of the US been affected by the blizzards?

from another recent recruit.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Welcome Novice, hope you enjoy our little community.

Instructor

http://rnbacademy.com

Online Guitar Academy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Novice 1 wrote:

it seems I just can't put the guitar down, I love it.

That is good to hear!

Life does trend to get in the way but it is definitely so rewarding taking a little time out to play!

Cogs wrote:

Welcome Novice 1!
Whern the bug really gets bad, you'll find the guitar grumbles at you if you walk past and ignore it.
Has you part of the US been affected by the blizzards?

from another recent recruit.

Welcome Cogs, We have about 6' snow here in Virginia, with winds  topping 45mph, temps @17F today. Needless to say, aside form becoming a new memember here, my guitar and I have spent alot of time together today.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

hello nov  default/cool

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi there and welcome to the forum

Must be dang cold there now  default/smile  of course playing the ole guitar in front of the fireplace will keep ya warm

my lyrics, my guitar and my imagination

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hello

Imagine if the words of Imagine ever came true.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi Novice and welcome.

Thumbs up Thumbs down