Topic: Anybody tried the Blackstar valve pedals eg HT-DIST, HT-DRIVE etc?

Let me know your opinion on sound and build quality for these pedals? Prices seem quite high, for example the HT-DUAL is nearly as much as an HT-1 practice amp.

They do look good for recording DI'ed into a desk or live into a PA though.

Looking for a new guitar that suits your needs? Support your local guitar shop while its still in business!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Anybody tried the Blackstar valve pedals eg HT-DIST, HT-DRIVE etc?

Sound and Build Quality is good, but the problem is, I tried a Krank Distortius Maximus Pedal years ago and found the Blackstar pedal wanting, compared to it.  You can hear the sonic and tonal difference...it's not quite as extreme and breaks up.  For less metal saturation it does well.  I prefer the amp sounds that I can get from the Blackstar itself, especially using the shape buttons.  By the way I am a Blackstar dealer as well.  Their HT Pedals are okay but I think they are about 40.00 too high.

Instructor

http://rnbacademy.com

Online Guitar Academy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

3 (edited by watermelon john 07-01-11 00:10:51)

Instructor wrote:

Sound and Build Quality is good, but the problem is, I tried a Krank Distortius Maximus Pedal years ago and found the Blackstar pedal wanting, compared to it.  You can hear the sonic and tonal difference...it's not quite as extreme and breaks up.  For less metal saturation it does well.  I prefer the amp sounds that I can get from the Blackstar itself, especially using the shape buttons.  By the way I am a Blackstar dealer as well.  Their HT Pedals are okay but I think they are about 40.00 too high.

Instructor

what kind of speaker comes with the blackstar amps

are they chinese made celestions

my lyrics, my guitar and my imagination

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yes they have Celestion Chinese-made speakers. 

Instructor

Online Guitar Academy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Would agree on the price, for a Chinese made pedal but Blackstar have got it sown up (as you probably know  default/wink  )

Better be careful. There may be Blackstar spies about. default/cool

Instructor wrote:

Instructor

Looking for a new guitar that suits your needs? Support your local guitar shop while its still in business!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm not worried about it, Ive never been one to mince words, and if you want to do good in business, its a good idea to be able to recieve feedback.  I tell my rep the same thing.  I'm not afraid, if they want to live in a fantasy world where everything they are told is great and wonderful like a soothsayer, they are going to have a hard time with the likes of me.

default/smile

Instructor

Online Guitar Academy

Thumbs up Thumbs down