Topic: What was the best and worst thing about your first guitar?

Best: 2 cool looking cream humbuckers, although I didnt have a clue what they did  default/smile

Worst: part of the black finish was missing on one of the horns. This showed that the body was clearly made of chip board! LOL

Looking for a new guitar that suits your needs? Support your local guitar shop while its still in business!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: What was the best and worst thing about your first guitar?

Mine was just too cheap and went out of tune all the time and was in need of a good set up!

But the best things was it was an electric guitar, I was about 11 and it was totally the coolest thing to have!

Best thing look

Worst thing sound

Imagine if the words of Imagine ever came true.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

My guitar, mentioned above broke a top E string on day 2 so I rang up the guitar shop to complain! I thought strings were some sort of permanent fixture that lasted forever.

I dont think I discovered the concept of a setup for at least another 10 years.

Absolutely no idea!

Olly wrote:

Mine was just too cheap and went out of tune all the time and was in need of a good set up!

But the best things was it was an electric guitar, I was about 11 and it was totally the coolest thing to have!

Looking for a new guitar that suits your needs? Support your local guitar shop while its still in business!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Worst thing - it was cheap and cheaply made - it was a "Hondo" acoustic

Best thing - it was mine. I was ten years old and the world was my oyster and man, I loved that baby. I learned to play on that guitar  default/wink

Thumbs up Thumbs down

mine was that is was amazing to play but it looked rubbish all the paint had come off and the crome parts rusted
default/yikes

Im a bass player that due to some luck now owns 3 guitars so now i have to learn to play them. yay

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi Mitch - welcome to the forum.

I think that the sound and feel is way more important than looks!

Olly wrote:

completely agree

Imagine if the words of Imagine ever came true.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

my first crappy acoustic was cheap and nasty, but I still liked the sound. My newish one is nicer to both look at and play, but I still occasionally play the old one.. it's like putting a 78 on a record player.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Olly wrote:

Hi Mitch - welcome to the forum.

hi thanks its nice to feel welcome  default/smile

Im a bass player that due to some luck now owns 3 guitars so now i have to learn to play them. yay

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I see you are pretty local to me. I am only 10 miles or so from Bournemouth!

oh cool, do you know anyone thats local then that might be able to teach me guitar ?

Thumbs up Thumbs down