Topic: Wheres Alun???????????

Cheak in Alun

Imagine if the words of Imagine ever came true.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Wheres Alun???????????

Yes he hasn't been on for a while - though there hasn't been a lot going on! I know I keep saying it, but things will change shortly!

Where are you Alun?!

What do you have planned to change things?  I have started coming on here about once a month because it seemed to be the same 5 guys all the time, and nothing that is being posted is something that I relate with/find worthy of comment.    I like you, Olly and want to support what you're doing, so I'm wondering what's going to change.

Instructor

http://rnbacademy.com

Online Guitar Academy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hey Instructor - I hope you are keeping well and nice to see your drop by! How is your guitar academy coming along?

So far I have been working a lot on the search engine ranking of the site to allow us to be found. The site is coming along nicely in the UK rankings  - usually between positions 3-5 for some decent terms and now we are creeping up the second page of the worldwide listings.

Better prominence in the search engines will hopefully allow the site to be found much more easily.

Which actually brings me to question - what search terms would you use to find a forum like this? I have primarily been working on "guitar forums" and "guitar forum" but perhaps there are others that people might search on. Of course, there are loads of terms that relate to certain categories or posts as well but I am primarily thinking generically.

There are a few other things that I have lined up as well to entice more users!

I am really grateful that the same 5 guys stick around, and that I have the opportunity to get to know each of them via this forum. Some forums are just packed with pointless posts and you rarely get to know anyone as well as you do on here - however, there is no harm in increasing the quality visitors to keep the conversation alive and giving us all something to discuss!

5 (edited by Instructor 26-03-11 04:49:42)

This month saw our highest student enrollment month ever, online so I've been awfully busy default/smile 

I'm not sure how to do site rankings because theres a lot of metrics, because I have decided to go the one student approach at a time method, rather than fuss with ad's and the like, and let our reputation and word of mouth go from there, I mean I do help our at a few different forums, some I have well over 1000 posts helping people, plus mentoring others here and there, and I think I prefer the slow grow method, because then I'll draw more substance and be less on the spammers sights (at least for a while) so the year and a half that we've been online, a great many students online (107 as of this month), that's not bad because we have been fortunate to enjoy a great retention rate.  We've been getting more and more "believers" and a noted guitar lessons review site is wanting a story on us, so it's been good.

If I were you I'd consider having your loyalists intentionally "seed" the forums, with a sense of a interest in how it ultimately fares.  This may mean broadening their perspectives and proactively creating and responding in depth in many topics, so that it feels less cliquish to outsiders, and more or less inviting people in for comment.  You may already have a lot of visitors, but you need a certain percentage to feel moved to participate, and thought provoking articles, topics and the like.  Not just topics, but responses that are well thought out and in detail will invite for more participation.  Have your friends promote you in sigs and shore up the areas so that when people arrive there's something going on.

Cut out dead wood also, if a topic isnt getting interest cut and streamline.  If you end up with 3 general forums with activity and stimulating topics, and an inclusive group of core members  thats better than a well organized forum with several areas with infrequent posting.

I hope this gives you some food for thought.  I can't recall how I found you, though.  I think it was a sig or something.  The other thing I'd recommend is creating and maintaining a niche. 

Instructor

http://rnbacademy.com

Online Guitar Academy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Wheres Alun???????????

Imagine if the words of Imagine ever came true.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down