Topic: Which One Is Better? Epiphone Les Paul Or Vintage V100

I have to admit, I have started selling these V100s about 6 months ago and they are epic little guitars. Ive tried a few Epiphone LPs and they have been indifferent at best. The look is pretty much the same but he playability is better and the pickups kick som botty.

Looking for a new guitar that suits your needs? Support your local guitar shop while its still in business!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Which One Is Better? Epiphone Les Paul Or Vintage V100

I had a v100 and all in all it wasn't bad.

I think another one is in order shortly, gonna have myself a little project over the summer. But I still think the Samick Av6 I have is better quality of JHS (Vintage) and Epiphone.

On a side note I have read a forum article somewhere that a Vintage V100 was bought brand new, had 5 Wilkinson tunners on it and 1 Epiphone.

Which was leading some to believe that they maybe made in the same factory in China. I think the Factory name started with a B.

Imagine if the words of Imagine ever came true.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

if you want 100% quality.............
[youtube]/watch?v=4nsPlGUAdqM&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

Thumbs up Thumbs down

4 (edited by polyal 01-05-12 22:16:55)

pickups??
[youtube]/watch?v=R0IFKcfnj_M&feature=relmfu[/youtube]
ps watch any doug wilkes video....amazing   + hes a
shit hot git player and showman

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Different, like the pick up system.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Just while we are on the topic of Les Pauls/Clones. Any one had a bash at a Cort Classic Rock 280. From what I have read they are of good quality,  have a true maple top and a vaneer cap.

My Samick AV6 (Les Paul Clone) as about a 4mm Maple top. You can see this from the routing inside the control cavity, is this sort of standard for a Les Paul?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I have had a few Vintage (JHS) guitars through my hands, i i have to say i have found them wanting to say the least. From twisted necks, poor routing, bad finish, and sharp fret ends, and like it's sister guitar the Encore, just generally an all round poor guitar. The same can be said for the cheaper end of the market Epiphones, like the Special, but if you are gonna compare them to the Epiphones like the Standard, or Custom, then Epiphones win hands down. You get what you pay for at the end of the day, but if pushed i would still take a Special, over any Vintage guitar. default/big_smile

Just Another Geetarman

Thumbs up Thumbs down

What year where the JHS vintage????

They have according to reviews got better since Trev Wilkinson got involved and all production has moved to China from Vietnam. 

He started around 2006...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

jamesd74 wrote:

What year where the JHS vintage????

They have according to reviews got better since Trev Wilkinson got involved and all production has moved to China from Vietnam. 
He started around 2006...

I will have to say of the dozen that have come through my hands, none were past 2006, and they don't sell Vintage in Australia. However i have come across Encore here, but they are still as bad as ever, Any idea which factory the Vintage comes out of, as most guitar factorys seem to be pretty generic, and produce the same guitar for many brand names.

Just Another Geetarman

Thumbs up Thumbs down

From what I read, there are only 12 factories in the far east that produce the guitars we all play from that area. None of the so called manufacturers own there own. There is the exception of Cort and Samick. Both are based in Korea and again if you read the  reviews on the Internet there guitars are held in high regard they are beginning to come to par with Jap made stuff.

I think with all far east guitars mass produced, it is pot luck if you get a good one. However, look at dusenburg and Fret King green label. All there parts are made in Korea, Samick or Cort i would think then they are assembled in Germany and England respectively.

Thumbs up Thumbs down