Topic: what kind of guitar to buy for a beginner

what do you think the kind of guitar i should buy when i want to learn guitar. since i really am interested and when i got the money i will surely want to learn or have some self study with it. i want to spend some little tiem with it every day. are all guitars the same. i mean the traditional guitar. not the electric guitar. cause i am just beginner. i prefer the non electric guitar.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: what kind of guitar to buy for a beginner

You can pick up a very reasonably priced starter acoustic guitar - this will allow you to experiment and see if the guitar is for you before moving onto a more expensive instrument.

You can choose from a classical guitar, or acoustic guitar. The acoustic usually has a thinner neck and steel strings and the classical has nylon strings and a wider fret board. Both have their own unique sounds and advantages/disadvantages for a newbie. The best is to experiment and see which sounds suits you best.

I see many people that think learning the guitar is easy. When they discover the truth - that it requires a lot of dedication and motivation - they give up.

Having said that, there is nothing more satisfying than picking up an acoustic guitar and creating some lovely music. It really is nice to think that bit of wood and metal, in the right hands can create something sounding so beautiful.

It's worth the effort - good luck

Cheaper guitar. You might end up not liking playing the guitar as much as you thought you would. So to be on the safe side, buy a cheap guitar that is a good brand like Morrison or something. Yamaha is always a good starter. A cheap acoustic guitar shouldn't be that expensive.
Hindi Music Lyrics

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It doesnt matter what kind of guitar you have if you are a beginner, you need to sound good on any guitar...you cant buy a rally car and drive like a pro right away...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

forumovec wrote:

It doesnt matter what kind of guitar you have if you are a beginner, you need to sound good on any guitar...you cant buy a rally car and drive like a pro right away...

.....and rally car or not, driving on four flat tyres, which, unless you are a dyed-in-the-wool classical guitar fan, is what learning on a nylon string is like, is bound to be a far harder trip- in fact, 8 out of 10 students learning on a classical guitar pull the plug in the first six months. The Reasons? As mentioned above, the neck is much wider and thicker which requires far for pressure to get the chords and notes working for beginners, and unless you are a classical guitar fan, nothing at all you wish to play is played on a nylon string-it's played on an accoustic steel string or an electric, meaning that you can't reproduce the sounds you are hearing..which equales an increasing lack of motivation and practice.
A good reasonably priced accoustic steel string, with a cut-away if possible, with the neck set up and fitted with extra-light strings is my suggestion.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

aussieteacherPMMD wrote:

A good reasonably priced accoustic steel string, with a cut-away if possible, with the neck set up and fitted with extra-light strings is my suggestion.

ill go with this ..and dont worry to much about the sound..most decent guitars sound different not particulary better or worse..a nicely tuned guitar is a must also, so get yourself a good tuner

Thumbs up Thumbs down

indieover wrote:

what do you think the kind of guitar i should buy when i want to learn guitar. since i really am interested and when i got the money i will surely want to learn or have some self study with it. i want to spend some little tiem with it every day. are all guitars the same. i mean the traditional guitar. not the electric guitar. cause i am just beginner. i prefer the non electric guitar.

try to find one that has a comfortable neck, if the strings are a bit to heavy gauge, ask the music store to put a lighter sent, maybe even 9 to start off with
I then go for the tone of the guitar, many guitars made in asia still use real wood and can be had for under 400 bucks and the tone with a good set of strings you might find impressive

my lyrics, my guitar and my imagination

Thumbs up Thumbs down