Topic: sound

for the purists....if i played a branded guitar through a branded amp
but adding my own effects would you be able to distinguish and identify
the components...never....'this sound like this and this sounds like this etc etc and
you can tell this is this and that is that ................all a load of bollocks'

or is it??

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: sound

I know you will disagree poly...... But I can make two scamatics sound different with different componants.......Although I think some people here mojo, especialy if it has a branded name on it.....

Imagine if the words of Imagine ever came true.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

sorry .... i meant... say ..playing a strat thro a marshal..or a SG thro a vox...or a hofner
thro a selmer or a burns thro an orange ...or a martin thro a peavey etc etc etc or any
permutation of anything playing through anything...but to make it more difficult
inserting your favourite effects pedal(s)

ie if i posted a clip of a guitar ( piece of music ) would you be able to identify
the git / amp / effect ( model )...a very brave man would say yes..urmmm???

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think I could her a vox from a marshall....A single coil from a Humbuker, I wouldn,t like to say with effects in the line as well....

Imagine if the words of Imagine ever came true.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I definitely don't think I could...

I know a tone that I like to hear but how it is achieved I wouldn't know and if I were to try and recreate it, I think that you would not have to use the same guitar/amp to recreate something pretty darn close.

I think it is true as well that a lot of tone comes from the player so unless you are Paul Gilbert, even if you used his exact setup, you still wouldn't sound like Paul Gilbert.