Topic: Tablatures

Where do you guys get your guitar tablatures? My brothers always ask me to download tablatures for specific songs, sometimes it's hard to find one specially for the old old songs.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Tablatures

It's hard to find good accurate tabs on the internet. Most are incorrect. I have seen simple songs tabbed in the most awkward of positions.

I thin it is good to use a tab to get some bits but most will come from listening to the son which is best practice to get the right rhythm and timing.

In fact I must point out that a lot of tab books are inaccurate. I was very disapointed in my GnR tab book to find parts missing or incomplete or just blatently wrong!

Oh really? That is really annoying if you try to learn from incorrect tabs. You're right best thing is to listen to the song and feel the rhythm and learn from it.

Well, if you know someone who can teach you then I guess that's easier. default/tongue

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sometime we should never rely on tabs in the internet, most of them are not accurate like what have you said. The idea is to get something just to get started and learn the songs be your self.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

tabs from net can give u a base to proceed they r never accurate
try ultimate guitar tabs
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sometime we should never rely on tabs in the internet, most of them are not accurate like what have you said. The idea is to get something just to get started and learn the songs be your self.

yupz! it never does, sometimes i need to take a part from a tab and combined it with another then i get a better accuracy. but there's few times that all the tabs for the song i want can't be used and i have to work on my own hardly.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

tabs from net can give u a base to proceed they r never accurate
try ultimate guitar tabs
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/

I agree. I use the tabs at ultimate-guitar.com all the time. Sure, they aren't always accurate but they give me a base to go off of. I always end up changing things around to make it easier/sound better but they can be a good starting point for learning a song. Especially for a beginner.

iniesta wrote:

yupz! it never does, sometimes i need to take a part from a tab and combined it with another then i get a better accuracy. but there's few times that all the tabs for the song i want can't be used and i have to work on my own hardly.

This sums up perfectly what I think about most of the tab site on the net!!

Thumbs up Thumbs down