Topic: New member March 2013

I've played guitar now for almost 50 years - reaching a small peak about 45 years ago! Very frustrating!  Generally playing nylon strings since damaging ( cutting off!) the tip of one left hand finger which resulted in pain when trying to play steel strings. Mostly try to play simplified delta blues stuff and simpler classical. Have made a few acoustics from scratch with very basic tools and more recently several cigar box guitars. If I manage to post this successfully I will try to post a request to identify a damaged guitar I bought recently in a local charity shop and made playable for a second life.
Peter

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: New member March 2013

hi and welcome to the forum

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi Peter

Welcome to the forum

Would be great to see some pictures of the guitars you have made when you have time - also what is a cigar box guitar?

Hi mate and welcome...

Imagine if the words of Imagine ever came true.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi and welcome to the forum

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Olly wrote:

Hi Peter

Welcome to the forum

Would be great to see some pictures of the guitars you have made when you have time - also what is a cigar box guitar?

Thanks for the welcome.

Though I've seen pictures on this forum I can't see how to do it.... Doh! A cigar box guitar is made using a cigar box as the soundbox. I only got to know of them a couple of years ago or so but then realised they've been around ages. Check them out on eBay  and YouTube.
Regards Peter

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi Olly,
Now I see the answer to my earlier question... There are two guitar forums!!! I'm getting very old!
Peter

Thumbs up Thumbs down