1 (edited by Deders 03-05-13 15:52:07)

Topic: How do you fix a slightly twisted neck?

Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I'm currently fixing up an Aria Pro II Magna Series guitar for a friend. I'd put up a picture but I need 15 posts before I can upload anything

I've had experience setting truss rods before but this guitar's neck seems to be twisted so that if I put my fingers on the 1st and 24th fret, there seems to be a little more space between the 7th fret and the low E string than there is with the high E string, indicating the truss rod or at least the neck is slightly warped.

We are using different strings for the setup, I believe he was using Ernie ball Slinky's, I suggested Skinny top Heavy Bottom (10-52) as he would mostly be playing in D and sometimes dropping the low D to C.

I've found that the heavier gauge has meant that we need to more tension springs for the Floyd Rose before I can actually tune the guitar but does anyone have any tips on getting the truss rod back in shape or do you think the strings will do that themselves once I adjust it to get a low action?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: How do you fix a slightly twisted neck?

[youtube]/watch?v=1v5i8sEJ2LQ[/youtube]

using the machine heads as adjusters..this guy has got the whole frett board off but you could
try it without going to those extremes

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Brilliant Video, hopefully I won't have to go to such extremes.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Whow never knew you could that.....

Imagine if the words of Imagine ever came true.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down