Topic: Hello!

Hello! I am a 28 year old guy.

Brief Intro: Bought a guitar after listening to Pink Floyd's albums, The Wall and Dark Side of the Moon when I was 16 years of age (My fav band of all time, along with Radiohead). Played guitar for a good 8 years or so. Never really got to a good level though as I was self taught and my learning was random (off the internet and learning riffs/solos/songs from tabs etc). I felt there were many holes in my foundation and basics of music theory and guitar technique.

Cut a long story short, life got in the way, and also got a little frustrated as I wasn't getting to the level I wanted to be even though sometimes I practiced up to 6 to 8 hours a day. Anywho haven't picked up a guitar for a good 4 odd years.

But contemplating getting back into it and following a systematic training schedule to achieve my musical goals and dreams! I thought it would be a good idea to a join a guitar community for helping each other out and keeping motivated!

Here is a link of my cover of the final solo from Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb from back in the day!:

[youtube]/watch?v=ryrelmA3Lq4[/youtube]

Cheers!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Hello!

hi and welcome to the forum
modelling on gilmour is a very good choice ( but put your own spin on things ) ..have you got any originals you can post
in the gilmour style ? ( with your own ilk )

is the cover your own recording or a dubbed over  'off the shelf ' back track ?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Hello!

hi

As I said in my introduction, I quit playing 4 years ago. This is my only recording from that time. The first time i heard this solo, it blew me away. In my opinion the greatest guitar solo of all time. So i always wanted to learn it. It took me a year to get it to the level you hear in the recording and i recognize its still not perfect. I did not make the backing, i found it online.

I intend to pick up the guitar again and focusing on learning music theory and guitar technique and maybe some time down the line, create my own music.

Cheers

polyal wrote:

hi and welcome to the forum
modelling on gilmour is a very good choice ( but put your own spin on things ) ..have you got any originals you can post
in the gilmour style ? ( with your own ilk )

is the cover your own recording or a dubbed over  'off the shelf ' back track ?

Thumbs up Thumbs down