Topic: Electric or Acoustic??

Hello guys,

Firstly, I apologise for what is almost certainally a previously raised question..... but I've skimmed some threads and you all seem like a helpful bunch so here goes....................

As a beginner, what is best to learn on, acoustic or electric OR - does it not particularly matter???????????
Please please put this one to bed for me so I can move forward with confidence that I am doing things the right way.

Many thanks.

Matty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Electric or Acoustic??

Anyone?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Whilst there is not right or wrong way of leanring the guitar I would always advise people start playing on the acoutic. This is for several reasons.

Firslty an acoustic guiar is slightly harder to fret the notes. This builds strength in your fingers that otherwise you would not have.

Secondly, with the electric guitar with the sound of the guitar and the sound of the amp plus any effects  mistakes can easily be covered wheras an acoustic guitar ialmost highlights istakes which you fix and become a better player.

Acoustic starter guitars are often cheaper and of higher quality than cheap electric guitars so you can really get a feel for it guitar is for you.

My advice - go acoustic - you can always go electric later on and be a mster of both styles but ultimately the choice is yours!

Hope that helps

I have also been advised to start with learning the acoustic. The classical traditional viewpoint of playing guitar of most people. http://nicolaedabija.com/mycookie/36/1235242282/icon_biggrin.gif

What can I say - I'm no expert but it seems that after a few months of intense practice you start to understand why they insist that you first learn acoustic guitar and the electric one.

-Rogger
default/roll

Thumbs up Thumbs down