Topic: olga.net

I used to be a big fan of olga.net until it got shut down. I don't quite understand why it got shut down . . . . can anyone out there explain it to me? I mean, why olga.net and not the plethora of other sites out there with free sheet music?

What sheet music resources does everybody else use?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: olga.net

From what I understood olga got threatened with legal action as did many other site. On this threat they closed the site whereas some others chose not to - eg ultimate guitar etc.

The legal case never really progressed from what I understand.

I also guess it depends where in the world the sites are being hosted.

I was very tempted to start one up on this site however I don't fancy getting involved in law suits!

I really don't think that tab is a bad things for artists - it is a good thing more than anything!

That's very interesting . . . . I wonder if anything more will happen to the sites that didn't shut down.

I would agree with what you're saying about tabs being a good thing for the artists - free advertising, isn't it?

Out of curiousity, do you allow site users to post tabs, as in, here are the tabs for suchandsuch a song? Or would you be liable for allowing someone to put tabs on your site?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I personally doubt anything major will happen to these sites. I think internet tabs are here to stay.

I don't object to anyone posting tabs. Quite simply, if any artist or authority requested that they be removed then I would remove them.

Creating a tab database, which is what I was considering, would require an immense amount of time and financial commitments so I wouldn't want to invest this to find I had to then take the whole thing down!

So if you have any tabs you want to share then please feel free. I will create a forum category for it.

Cheers