Topic: So how's Obama doing internationally?

This forum has a pretty good non-American presence. What's the average "not-American's" impression of Barack Obama these days? Good? Bad? Mediocre? I'm hungry what's there to eat?

Re: So how's Obama doing internationally?

axis wrote:

This forum has a pretty good non-American presence. What's the average "not-American's" impression of Barack Obama these days? Good? Bad? Mediocre? I'm hungry what's there to eat?

Well, maybe a few live overseas who are Americans  default/smile

Here in Japan Obama is look upon as a not so strong president , you can easily tell that by the yen  83 yen to a dollar.  What that means is that property in Hawaii is cheap for  the rich Japanese  home buyer, which these days are probably many

Personally I'm not into politics but like to jive a bit and express my opinion, on Obama he is from Illinois and no politician from there has a good track record to actually help the poor of the poor. But then again I'm from there and I may not know what I'm talking about, just hear say  default/neutral

Obama is good for the country in this day and age. You see when there is so much bad (evil) going on even good can do  no good.  So what we now see in the states is a mass of people all confused (not all) some have prepared well for this day.  I see the same thing here in Japan, there are NO LONGER FULL TIME JOBS available, well yes, there are, but they are mostly contract (3 years only) jobs. Japanese law stipulates that they must be hire for 3 years and then let go. Nice system to benefit the employer as I see it

well anyway pennsyl  hope all is well for you there

my lyrics, my guitar and my imagination

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, maybe a few live overseas who are Americans

Your viewpoint is relevant to the question, too, being "out there" as an observer. So exchange rate is an indicator of performance? Interesting metric!

I don't really get involved enough with politics to comment but what is your view?

I think Obama comes across quite well.

Yeah I'm curious as to your answer to Olly's question - how is he viewed at home?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

6 (edited by axis 14-09-10 22:14:27)

Liberal Democrats don't think he's doing enough. Hard line conservative Republicans think he's destroying the country. Those of us in the middle wish the extremes would STFU with the hyperbole--especially the right--and the let the man do his job.

Or, business as usual in the US of A, lol.