Topic: Are Tabbed songs every really true?

I have been looking at quite a few tabbed fav songs of mine and none of them are correct the whole way through. Is this down to multi layered guitar recording or different tuning than standard? I can't figure it out!! Going to try and get a few of my fav licks figured out next! If nothing else it's good practice i suppose! default/wink

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Are Tabbed songs every really true?

incorrect in what way red? where did you get your tabs?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Getting them from the usual sites - Ultimate guitar, Chordie, etc. I just find that quite often from verse to chorus they go off key!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Really? I'll have to keep an eye out for that. I suppose a lot of these things are written by individual contributors, they aren't official band documents.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I have found even official tab books are incorrect quote often. The issue with tabs is that they do not indicate any timing and subsequently it is easy to lose the timing of a section and it will seem to be all wrong when in fact it is correct.

That is not to say that there aren't a hell of a lot of tabs that are not accurate or complete all the way through. I have found it rare to find something that is 100% complete and 100% accurate but they do exists!

Just let us know where you are getting stuck and perhaps we can help validate them for you.