Topic: Learning the guitar

I see many people pick up a guitar with the hope of learning it. Some give up, some go on to be great guitarists.

I think the main thing any potential guitarist needs to consider is how much time you are going to dedicate to practice.

I think learning the guitar is unlike any other instrument.

With the guitar you can pick it up without a scrap of knowledge and give it a few days and you can play Wonderwall almost as good as the record.

Then you hit a hurdle - these hurdles can take months to overcome. This is where the non dedicated will stumble and fail,

The deidcated will take on the hurdle and within a few weeks or maybe months overcome it.

These become the true guitarists.

Re: Learning the guitar

Patience is one of the most important things on learning. If you don't know anything about playing, you just keep on exercises which seem meaningless. Even though you can't make the real sound, you have to keep working, trying.

The second problem which I realized: motivation.
If you don't have a motivation resource, you can't continue playing. That is some bad. You should watch some easy metods or even good players easy plays. After you watch them carefully, you can have some more motivation. If they do it so easily, why you can't?

Another problem why prople give up learning guitar is hurting pushes on the strings. That is a natural starting! We have nice fingers but they have to have a little pain in order to be used to push the strings. So, don't give up because your fingers hurt. You will see that they won't soon.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I am glad you have brought this point up.

Fingers do hurt the first time you play, maybe for the first week - after then you will build up tolerance and it will never hurt again - that is..........

I am very bad - I have not played guitar for about 1 month due to work commitments. I played guitar last night and my fingers hurt for the first time in ten years! My hard skin on my fingers has started to go!

I must get practicing more!

True, my fingers hurt a lot when I tried to learn playing the guitar. That's also one of the reasons why I didn't learn much. I remember my brothers would lose their patience if I ask them to teach me. LOL! I even broke one of their acoustic guitars because I accidentally dropped it on the floor.  default/lol

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I find the days I ner break a string - the go dull and rusty and I change them. I usueall buy ten packs at a time so I change them regularly.

I get the packs that come withan extra E nd B string in case you break them. As I never break them I have loads of spare E and B strings so if anyone needs any - give me a shout!  default/big_smile

If you ask me if you truly want to be a great guitarist and standout the most then, don't just consider it as a passion being a guitar player is a lifestyle it is a part of you. Or else you will just be a mediocre guitar player.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Do you suggest playing with your guitar everyday? I believe you need a lot of time and patience to practice and you should play because it is what you desire.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yes practice everyday - even if its for a short time.

Practicing 20 minutes each day is 100 times better than 5 hours on a Saturday!

IMO, Playing Guitar is not that hard. Enjoying to Play Guitar is tough Part. For that, no matter how you practice or how much you practice each day, just do it my heart not by your finger.

Cheers

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Do you suggest playing with your guitar everyday? I believe you need a lot of time and patience to practice and you should play because it is what you desire.

you will definitely need to play daily or else you won't get better.. a 30 minute of scale runs and chromatic exercise would work..

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I am learning as well. It does hurt when you have just stared or even if you give a long break playing.

The great thing about guitar is that its so versatile and you can play almost any type of music and its so popular as well. I love the jazz music more than any other, however I listen and try to play rock as well, when my parents are away that is default/smile. Would love to get some lessons though or share tips on how to improve.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

well very tru, many ppl start and then give up reasons being many
everyone thinks tht they can play like slash/late randy roads...
in like one day, but wht u forget my frnd is tht these ppl have been playin forr more thn 20 yrs and tht to 16 hrs a day
just have patience, it will take time, months or even yrs to just cross the begginer stage,...but after tht, u will enjoy it a lot..........
take my words

Thumbs up Thumbs down

maybe I gave up because I feel that I don`t have the talent for playing guitar... I don`t want to force the nature of things...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

In my opinion practice everyday..
talent is no need, if u practice u will success...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

seems like you are saying that playing guitar skillfully will not really take many months. well that is really good. for people who loves music but don't have much time to time to learn i think guitar is better compared to other musical instruments. and much easier. and will still sound like a professional.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It wont take that long especially if you are taught by professional people.:)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I agree, rnguitar, and a big welcome to you default/smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Is studying the guitar hard? Many people think so, however from my very own experience I can actually say no! It isn't at all. I have been playing for 2 years now and day by day I discover I'm studying something new. The toughest part of studying to play the guitar is whenever you first start; when you are constructing your finger strength. Upon getting built up your finger power and calluses, you may discover that you would be able to play for much longer without any pain.

What I like concerning the guitar is that you could truly start playing your first track on the identical day you pick up the instrument. With most different instruments, because there is a for much longer studying curve, many individuals start to lose curiosity before they've begun.

When you can grasp three chords on the guitar you will be able to play hundreds of songs. This is why the guitar is such a popular instrument to learn. The three chords it's best to master at the start are the G, C, D chords. Follow playing and altering from one chord to a different on the guitar. It is very vital to not change from one chord to a different the same way on a regular basis, however to alter the sequence. Follow G-C-D; do that until you might be comfortable. Then change to C-D-G, then D-G-C and so on. After getting mastered those three chords you can start to study the A chord and then the laborious F chord.

You must commit to day by day practice if you want to achieve your desired results. Even if you solely have 15 minutes to practice it is higher than doing nothing at all. Within those 15 minutes you could practice pentatonic scales, the rock box or a new chord that may be providing you with problems. The most important factor to do is, carry on rocking on that guitar. You'll never remorse it!

One of many many questions individuals ask is, are you able to learn to play the guitar on the web? You sure can! There are so many good websites now that provide instruction. You'll also discover an especially giant quantity of guitar programs which might be out there for purchase. Nonetheless, it is at all times good to study from a teacher in a classroom, especially when you find yourself first beginning out. Nothing beats the palms on method! You should have the possibility to learn the proper strategies of holding and playing, that you could be not be capable of be taught from a video. When you study the basics from a guitar teacher, the enjoyment begins. With the proper strategies, further instruction becomes much simpler and enjoyable. The expertise you can attain is boundless!

To search out which course is greatest for you, you will want to search evaluation sites to get some high quality reviews.

Here is my review http://jamorama-guitarlessons.com

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Pain? Why make it harder for yourself- drop back two guages in string size to start, and put metho on the tips of your fingers for the first few weeks- and don't ever, unless your plan is to play classical guitar, try to learn on a nylon string guitar.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I am glad you have brought this point up.

----------------------
Ben 10 Alien Force DVD Set

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Being an externally motivated person, I've thought about taking group lessons at a community college to get started.  Inexpensive and not that threatening, but encourages progress.