Topic: Guitar Hero

Have any of you played Guitar Hero? I did for a while. As a guitarist I almost found it harder as some of the music would indicate that you press a button higher than the last when in fact it went lower.

I can't play it any more though. I think it is one of the most antisocial games out there as the player can not do anything but stare at the screen and anyone else has to just stare at a lad of dots flying towards them.

After playing it for a bit you can still see those dots when you shut your eyes!

Re: Guitar Hero

yes got it for my xbox. Guitar hero 3, what does my head in with it is you push the buttons in any random order they do not follow the guitar part of the song.

Imagine if the words of Imagine ever came true.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

No, but I saw two guys playing it in the arcade at Alton Towers. They had sunglasses on and obviously thought that they were real rock stars and were looking around to see who was watching them. It was mildly amusing.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think Guitar hero opened up a lot of peoples eyes as to how fun playing guitar could be.  Many get the confidence to try once they reach expert.  I hung out a couple of years ago with the guy who plays on all the songs, and he said he looks at GH as a "Gateway drug" for future guitarists.

Instructor

http://rnbacademy.com

Online Guitar Academy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That's a very good point Instructor.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Instructor wrote:

I think Guitar hero opened up a lot of peoples eyes as to how fun playing guitar could be.

And also how good some of the guitar based songs are - I think it probably got a lot more people into guitar based music!