Topic: Circle of Fifths--very important lesson1

The circle of fifths helps us identify that key and those chords. Of course the charts above do also. But the circle of fifths provides us other insights as well.

LESSON 1: SHARPS   

http://rapidshare.com/files/76762381/ci … e.gif.html

C has no sharps CDEFGAB

G has 1 sharp
GABCDEF#

D has 2 sharps DEF#GABC#

A has 3 sharps ABC#DEF#G#

E has 4 sharps EF#G#ABC#D#

B has 5 sharps BC#D#EF#G#A#

F# has 6 sharps F#G#A#BC#D#E#

With this side of the Circle of 5ths, you can see how many sharps each key or major scale contains.

Each key as you go down adds the 7th degree sharp: G adds 1 sharp, the F#...D adds another sharp in addition to the F#, the C#.

Each of these new sharps just happens to be a perfect 5th from the first sharp, F# ... f# g a b c d e

To remember the order of these, remember this quote or make up your own,
Cool Guitarists Do Absolutely Everything Better ... freak”We’re going to look at the right side of the circle first.

Enzzoy till next time

Lesson 2 flats

PS-can any one tell me how to upload pics here, i do upload it on rapidshare.....[/img]

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Circle of Fifths--very important lesson1

Great tip

Thanks for posting

at first, i seem to get blurred with this theory but after a while i got it.
it's major chords scale. I've learned it before by memorizing the pattern and by hearing as well (major do re mi). and now that i know it's called circle of fifth! thanx dude.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The circle of 5ths is not a major scales. It is chords 5 steps away from one another that repeats until it is back to te first chord

it's not?
then can you elaborate  the differences?
Amajor;
A,   B,  C#,  D,  E,  F#, G#, A
do  re  mi    fa  so  la    ti   do

how's the circle of fifth's?

i'm getting confused.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The circle of fifths looks like this:
||bFbCbGbDbAbEbB||FCGDAEB||#F#C#G#D#A#E#B||
I can't make a circle here, but #C is the same note as bD, and #G is the same note as bA. So if you could take my line up there, and pull the ends down so they matched up, you'd have a circle.

Thumbs up Thumbs down