Topic: Ez drummer and superior drummer 2.0

I own Ez Drummer which is a great program! If you are familiar with this then I don't need to explain what it does. I just go the metalheadz pack also.

I just noticed that I can do a crossgrade with superior drummer for $149 which is an excellent price! It goes for Three hundred and something bucks at standard price. So anyways this got me excited and I was going to jump on it. Then I took a breather and asked myself if I really needed it.

Superior drummer is great in that you can mix and match kits, do extensive mixing, add effects and tons of stuff to get a real professional sound. If I were one of those guys that had the patients to go in and tweak everything to get the perfect sound than this would definitely be the way to go!

I like to just go in jam with some beats and find something that fits relatively close to what I'm looking for. I then go into the midi screen on my recording program and add a bass drum here or cymbal their and I'm done. For what I use it for Ez drummer is perfect and I like the sounds.

My question is if anybody has Superior drummer is the drum sounds that incredibly better then the ezdrummer sounds. I'm talking without going in and being a recording engineer to get the sounds. If I want to just plug in, play some beats, drop them into my recording program and be done with it does Superior drummer have anything huge to offer over ez drummer that should make me jump on this?

Re: Ez drummer and superior drummer 2.0

Don,

I know less than you about these anyways.  I am interested in learning about EZ drummer though.  A lof of songs I write need drums really badly.  My writing is primarily acoustic, singer songwriter stuff.  I'd like to have use of a program that sounds like a real drummer, thats easy to use, computer based, and doesn't necessarily require a recording program to use, i.e. plugin.  Do you have any ideas?

Instructor

http://rnbacademy.com

Online Guitar Academy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ez drummer would be right up your alley. It has ez drummer solo included. You just open it up and pick some beats. The only thing is when you use it with a recording program you can build up full songs with different patterns for verses, choruses etc... plus you can add in drum rolls. You just grab a beat you like with the mouse and drop it into the midi track. If just one steady beat is all you want then the solo will do fine. There are some midi files that you can get that have complete intro's, verses, choruses etc... The Metalheads pack I got is like that plus you can get groovemonkey packs for just about any style.

Go to Toontrack.com to check it out. They have a special going now where you can pick it up for $99 and $149 for Ez drummer and one style pack. I paid $149 or maybe even more for the ezdrummer alone when I bought it. You can also look on youtube to check it out.

I have a feeling that superior drummer may not be worth the investment.

I use Ez for very quickly creating drum beats. It really is so simple which I love then you can go back and add fills or manually edit drums after.

I know that you can split each drum beat into it's own track, convert them to audio, add compression or play with EQ etc so there is loads to do with this before you need to look further.

I would imagine that superior drummer is for those looking to spend a lot of time on their drums to get them sounding as real as possible for professional tracks. To my ear, what you can get with EZ does this already for my needs!

If you do decide to get it I would be very interested to hear your reviews on how it compares.

Instructor - Ez drummer is the best thing I found. I have an alesis SR-16 which I tried to use but never got on with it. I used beta monkey loops which are great sounding but restrictive. Then I found Ezdrummer and i really like how easy it is to use and how simple it is to get a decent drum beat going - all full editable at a later date.

Like Don says, using it alongside something like Cubase makes it even more versatile as you can build you whole song up using different lops and fills and easily zoom in to edit any parts. This can be done before or after you have laid the song down.

As you will probably have guessed from my limited recordings, I start off with a loop which I repeat as many times as I want. I can then go back in after and add fills or change the loop slightly for different parts of the song!