Topic: Steve Vai's Record Attempt

Did anyone get to see the live "webinar" lesson that Steve Vai did the other day in an attempt to get a guiness world record for the largest live online guitar lesson?

I managed to tune in for the first half of it but didn't stick around long enough to see if he actually achieved it?

Re: Steve Vai's Record Attempt

awww missed that  default/sad

Thumbs up Thumbs down

missed it

my lyrics, my guitar and my imagination

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Missed it. Googled it. Found nothing  default/big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I got to see it.  I didnt feel like he did much in terms of teaching....

It was more about his philosophical approaches to things.  I didnt expect much, usually these kinds of things tend to be long on hype and short on substance.  I really question the practicality of a Steve Vai Technique course at Berklee, other than to draw fanboys and play off his name.  I would love to be a fly on the wall...it seems like a money making idea rather than addressing a real need.

Instructor

http://rnbacademy.com

Online Guitar Academy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Never even knew it was on

Imagine if the words of Imagine ever came true.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Instructor wrote:

I got to see it.  I didnt feel like he did much in terms of teaching....

It was more about his philosophical approaches to things.  I didnt expect much, usually these kinds of things tend to be long on hype and short on substance.  I really question the practicality of a Steve Vai Technique course at Berklee, other than to draw fanboys and play off his name.  I would love to be a fly on the wall...it seems like a money making idea rather than addressing a real need.

Instructor

I totally agree with you.

Steve Vai is a great guitar player and has clearly dedicated a great deal of his life to his guitar study - but anyone can do this, if they want to put in this much time and dedication - no Steve Vai course is going to reduce the necessary hours required to get to his standard of playing and composition.