Topic: Dilemna: Crate or Line 6?

I'm upgrading to a good modelling amp and I need something that I can play hard rock/metal on that type of thing. I've got a choice between two used amps:

Crate GT212 with Danelectro phaser and Danelectro PB&J thrown in, costing £140 (£228)

or

Line 6 Spider 212 with channel changer/selector thrown in, costing £120 (£195)

Not got enough knowledge on amps to make the decision so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Dilemna: Crate or Line 6?

I have a peavy vypyr 75. I think for metal styles its very good.

You have The xxx, the 6505 on there as well as many others.

On top of that there are  9 stomp box effects and 11 rack effects. To be fair when I was looking it was the one packed with the most features.

Check them out before making up your mind.

[youtube]/watch?v=b851Vk8li40[/youtube]

Imagine if the words of Imagine ever came true.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Cheers for the help mate, but I've found these two amps at good prices I know they're both suitable for me but can't quite figure which one wins it

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Neither. Go for the Vox VT40+. Much better guitar amp IMHO with good quality effects and great basic tones. Around £169 and a properly loud combo.

Looking for a new guitar that suits your needs? Support your local guitar shop while its still in business!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I've got the Line 6 spider IV 30 and really like it, I've also got the channel changer and pocket pod to go with it  default/big_smile

I play mainly metal.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

dbond23 wrote:

I'm upgrading to a good modelling amp and I need something that I can play hard rock/metal on that type of thing. I've got a choice between two used amps:

Crate GT212 with Danelectro phaser and Danelectro PB&J thrown in, costing £140 (£228)

or

Line 6 Spider 212 with channel changer/selector thrown in, costing £120 (£195)

Not got enough knowledge on amps to make the decision so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

HI there Just a little advice

If you were going to get the line 6 you mite b getting sothing that you will probs replace in a few month.

I was going to get a line 6 but then i compared it to a peavey as in sound, effects bla bla bla

And it has to be said the line six was crap compared to the peavey cos i actually tested them both in person.

Just thought it mite help. LOL

Thumbs up Thumbs down

jamesd74 wrote:

I have a peavy vypyr 75. I think for metal styles its very good.

You have The xxx, the 6505 on there as well as many others.

On top of that there are  9 stomp box effects and 11 rack effects. To be fair when I was looking it was the one packed with the most features.

Check them out before making up your mind.

[youtube]/watch?v=b851Vk8li40[/youtube]

I have the peavey VYPYR 30 That is a badass amp

Thumbs up Thumbs down