Topic: High Voltage Festival

Just got back from the High Voltage festival.

Originally I booked tickets to go there to see Thunder on the Sunday. Then Slash was announced for Saturday so I went the whole way and went both days.

It was great. Sat down in the sun watching a load of bands, drinking a lot of various alcoholic beverages and eating a variety of unhealthy food!

Slash was great though it wasn't really just him, the singer Myles Kennedy did a great job as did the rest of the band. There were songs from Slash's Snakepit and GnR as well as some from his new album.

Then on Sunday we watched Thunder who did a great performance, although it was only 50 minutes or so which was a shame as there were only a few songs.

Queued up for the meet and greet after. Was a pleasure to meet those guys!

All in all, apart from driving through central London which I did not enjoy, it was a thoroughly good weekend! Now time for a detox!

Re: High Voltage Festival

Nice one! sounds like you had a fab time.

I think thats one of the smaller festivals, which much be good.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sound like you had a good time.

Imagine if the words of Imagine ever came true.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yes it was pretty good. I certainly wouldn't have enjoyed it as much if it was raining - it would have been a mud bath!

LOL - well after download (which redefined wet!) I was fully prepared with an SAS poncho, scarf, hat and gloves when I went to Sonisphere, but luckily for me it stayed dry when I was there on the Friday...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

did you have a good time?

Imagine if the words of Imagine ever came true.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yes - it was amazing :-)

Thumbs up Thumbs down