1 (edited by Apache 23-10-11 15:33:07)

Topic: Rocksmith

http://www.amazon.com/Rocksmith-Playsta … amp;sr=8-1

I've been reading a lot of reviews on this, and decided to give it a go..

The reviews by people who play guitar seem really positive, and I like the idea that it adjusts the difficulty on the fly..

Hopefully it will be here is a few weeks, so I'll let you know what I think :-)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Rocksmith

Do you plug your guitar into a play box station x?

If so I might give it a try, however me mate the purest would poo a rather large brick.

Imagine if the words of Imagine ever came true.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah - you get a special lead so you can connect any electric straight into the playstation (or XBox - although apparently the Xbox version isn't region free like the ps3 one)

Its meant to adjust the difficulty every 15 secs and when you are getting good, it adds in more notes etc.

Its not available in Europe until March next year, but luckily I have a PS3 and the PS3 version (fingers crossed!) is the only one that will play worldwide, although we won't have access to the downloadable content until its made available in europe.

I've read that the XBox version released in the states won't play in European units...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I hadn't heard of this before but it does look like a pretty cool idea!

Though James, yes your purest mate would not approve in the slightest!

5 (edited by Apache 26-10-11 22:15:47)

well I've had an email from Amazon to say its been dispatched (from the states) today, so I'll let you know what I think as soon as it arrives :-)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yer do sounds fun.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yer do sounds fun.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well it has arrived, I'm liking what I've seen so far, and it is impressive how it adjusts the difficulty when it think you are getting the hang of it.

Most songs have got 2 options, single note or chords, and it monitors how well you play, and then adds in more and more notes / chords.

The criticisms I have are that it keeps wanting you to check your guitar is in tune about every 5 mins - which is a bit irritating.  And when on the chord mode, it introduces more chords on the fly, but sometimes if you don't know (or can't remember) what F7 is for example, it takes a few times of seeing it come up to work out your finger positions, as they aren't on screen for that long.

I've probably only put in about 90 mins since I've got it, but can see me using it, its nice to play along with the rest of the instruments, it also gives you points for timing, and monitors your accuracy.

How it actually works is beyond me, but it knows when you play bum notes!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Think I am very interested in that, thanks for making the forum aware.

Thumbs up Thumbs down