1 (edited by Henrymark 05-05-12 09:05:46)

Topic: Guitar Capacitors

To make guitar tone better we use capacitors. There are many guitar capacitors available in the market but I found RS gitarworks capacitor are best one for guitars. This capacitors are specially designed for the electric guitar. They are 100% transparent to let every bit of your guitar's natural tone shine through. The main benefit of this caps is that it is very small and are of 100 volt.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Guitar Capacitors

The capacitors in your link are black. Are these the ones you are talking about, and do you post to Australia.

Just Another Geetarman

Thumbs up Thumbs down

3 (edited by polyal 06-05-12 11:02:28)

capacitors are used to modify the sound ..not to make it better
in a passive circuit the capacitor [i%

for some reason my post has screwed up???????????
salient points:
a working voltage of 100v ( or any excessive wv ) is irrelevant in guitar electrics
tolerance is of no consequence ( most 10% capacitors are within 5% in any case )+ the value is subjective
your best natural tone is not to interfere with the p/u o/p in the first place ..ie scrap the tone circuits
but if altering your gits  tone is what you like to do
read this... but... dont be tempted to spend £10 on a filtering capacitor
http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/I … itors.aspx
http://www.singlecoil.com/shop.html

if you want a really flexible tone control use a 12 way rotary sw and wire 12 caps of different
values( at each pole )...giving a different tonal sounds at each position of the switch

i did this 25 years ago ....my git playing didn't get any better  ( or my sound )
but ...when it came to soldering ...bring it on

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I took Trev Wilkinson's advice and removed mine from my Ruby and you get a much brighter sound. It sort of sounds compressed,

Yet in Annie i have 2, 0.15 Russian paper and oil and they work well.

Imagine if the words of Imagine ever came true.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down