1 (edited by jamesd74 06-10-12 23:14:20)

Topic: A finished song

What with this bloody degree any days off spent building effects pedals (still on with all going well) I totally forgot to post this......

http://soundcloud.com/jamesd74/vocal-test-simple-song

All Guitars, My Ruby...Greg Bennett RL4 LTD, Fitted with Genuine Wilkinson PAFs, Not the cheap ones on e-bay.

All Amps Blackstar HT 20 Emulated out....

All Effects found in Guitar Rig 5

Sound card Line 6 UX2

Imagine if the words of Imagine ever came true.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: A finished song

That's really good!

Is that you singing too? its excellent  default/smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks

no its me mate I have some well auto tuned backing vocal on there default/wink  default/wink  default/wink  default/wink

And my sister is on there as well....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Fab - its very good  default/big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Really good James - what did you use for the drums on this?

and how long did it take you to write it from the first idea to the end production?

Drums are EZ Drummer then reprogrammed in Guitar Rig 5, it has a drum effects section..........

The first Idea was me playing Black Strips Seven Nation Army on the G String..... and messing with the effects in Guitar Rig 5 when I first got it.......

It just went from there nothing was written down it was all played in from feel, on that day.......

The best bit to me is the heavy bass line. That was the wife playing with the cat around a spindle on the banister. Every time she tapped the spindle it rattled, and I saw my guitar tuner picking up a perfect A.

I said to my mate has anyone ever done a instrument-le break with a bannister default/big_smile  default/big_smile

He looked at me and I could see we where both thinking the same.....

Because it was not a convention song the recording took quite some time as we recorded nearly 20 mins of feedback and started work on that to get some usable sounds....

There is feedback all over the song in one form or another.....

Then I had come up with lyrics naming the song Pussy Blues......I though a track that sounded nothing like the Blues would be interesting with very blues based lyrics...However, me mate could not sing it in with cracking up laughing default/big_smile  default/big_smile  default/big_smile

So we kept the Pussy theme and came up with what it is know.......

All in All from start to finish about 2 months........But we only meet once a week.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Nice one James.

So regarding the drums, it is just EZ drummer but with added effects from guitar rig? I use EZ myself but haven't added any effects.

How do you get along with Guitar Rig? does it have a pedal that comes with it for control or is it just software only?

8 (edited by jamesd74 09-10-12 11:09:42)

In my opinion GR stands out compared with ampitube 3..... I used multi-channel from EZ drummer then just added GR VSTs...With each Microphone in EZ set to a different channel I just played with what's in the GR Drums section and found it useful...There is a bank of pre-sets for Hi-Hats....Toms...Snare....Kick....Symbols....I could then tweak, which included placing it to the left or right or both.

I don't have a the pedal but its on my shopping list.......But with my car eating into my funds in a major way default/sad  default/sad  it on the back burner at the min.....

The sounds from GR 5 are better to my ears then my demo copy of Revalver and a full copy Amplitube 3....Also GR 5 user interface is far easy for me to understand..Its just drag and drop....were as the other's involve clicking here and there.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

However you did this James, in my humble opinion, it's "Bloody Excellent"  default/big_smile

I didn't get where I am today,
by being somewhere else.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thank you Alun

Thumbs up Thumbs down