Topic: Hi there

This forum looked very friendly so i thought i might be cheeky and ask a favour or some advice.I live in Lincolnshire and my son has just moved to New Zealand. I would like to sell his Fender Pro Junior Hotrod 111 amp and a Squire Classic vibe telecaster.The amp is almost new and the telecaster which is in blonde is about 6 months old. I have thought about e bay ? or selling to a music shop,would you be kind enough to advise me . Regards.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Hi there

Hi mate and welcome

I would give Ebay a go.....A music shop will kick you in the down belows because they will look to make a profit on the resale.....

Imagine if the words of Imagine ever came true.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thankyou my first thought was e bay would you put a reserve on or just let it run?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

ebay is a buyer market ..so a lot of punters want something for nothing...so you could put a buy it now ..or offers
you would expect to get about half its new value if in good condition
you could put a sensible reserve on it alternatively
check out the new value before going on ebay so you know what to expect
best of luck

if your local dealer will offer you 40/50% that might be worth opting for

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thankyou much appreciated.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

EDIT: always work with the   current  price ...and never ' what you paid for it '

Thumbs up Thumbs down

7 (edited by jamesd74 19-12-12 08:44:37)

SGs by Gibson are doing less then half there value at the min......But ES 137 which would be next guitar is still doing silly money default/sad  default/sad  default/sad  default/sad

Thumbs up Thumbs down

jamesd74 wrote:

SGs by Gibson are doing less then half there value at the min......But ES 137 which would be next guitar is still doing silly money default/sad  default/sad  default/sad  default/sad

So how much?  $3500

Thumbs up Thumbs down

about £2700 alot of cash default/sad  default/sad

Thumbs up Thumbs down