Topic: How Good are SimS Custom Guitars?

SimS are custom guitar builders based in the UK. I've had a look at their website and they do some pretty funky stuff like L.E.D. guitar inlays - but does anyone here have any experience with them? What's the quality of their guitars like and how do they compare to companies like Fender/Fender CS, USACG, Warmoth and others?

Thanks! default/tongue

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: How Good are SimS Custom Guitars?

hi peter..welcome to the forum

re sims: the web site looks pretty impressive...as far as led inlays goes...thats a bit bells and whistles
...just a comment..never heard of them before
http://www.simscustom.com/html/00aboutus.htm

Q:what is a ' good guitar '????
i have a japanese strat....set up to how i like it....nothing plays better .....nothing
so any half decent guitar can be the ultimate to the owner if its set up right

even top end gibsons etc need " setting up " to the customers preferences ( string gauge / action etc
and so on ...fender are over-hyped in any case cause they'er a mass produced  plank
with strings on...assembled by unemployed fruit pickers and winoes ( not blaming them )

so sims will probably turn out to be a good prospect

ps i love my gorgeous plank ....so will you

Thumbs up Thumbs down

3 (edited by jamesd74 03-03-13 22:51:08)

Re: How Good are SimS Custom Guitars?

Hi mate and Welcome..
sorry to put a downer on things....Those bodies can be found on ebay at half the cost......

The necks are just bells and whistles and i may be wrong but I am sure they are imported from china....

As for quality I am with Poly...I have a gibson which I hardly play as I I love my Greg Bennitt RL4 LTD, a fraction of the cost of the Gibbo......To me its all about how the guitar makes you feel not the name on the head stock....

On that note you will get the attention to detail with a sims which is sadly lacking in a lot of top end guitars today....

Imagine if the words of Imagine ever came true.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down