1 (edited by martinsmith99 31-05-13 19:36:47)

Topic: Greetings from South Gloucestershire

Hi

New here.  I've recently returned to guitar after many years away (mid-life crisis).  I used to play in heavy rock/hair metal bands and I still like the heavier stuff but also appreciating blues and melodic stuff.

Current equipment -
Guitars: Fender MIM Strat, Epiphone Explorer, Aria Pro ii Magna Series
Amp: Peavey Classic Chorus 212
And an ever growing pedal board  default/big_smile

And an ever growing pedal board

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Greetings from South Gloucestershire

hi martin welcome to the forum...notice you have a mexican strat
i have a japanese strat....i've always wondered what the unobvious differences are.
If a person played a genuine fender strat owned by someone else with illegible marking
on the headstock would they know the country of origin and if not why is there all the hype ( bullshit )
about where the thing was bolted together and the price differences ( esp the us of a )

this is an invite to all strat players to chip in

ps i love my strat ( origin defo not an issue )...i wouldn't even care if it was a north korean
hybrid copy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks

I didn't really see a huge difference between MIM & US Strats in terms of build quality.  Mine doesn't have original pickups in (Tone Rider Pure Vintage) and it sounds better than the MIM Standards IMO.  The only thing I will change at some point is the trem block as the threads wear quite quickly (2010 model).

If your trem is still solid then there's just one way which yours is better.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

fortunately for me i dont use a trem ....i fitted a floyd and blocked it up so its rock solid
and tunes up in an instant ( using the fine tuners and a boss tu2 )
the bridge pu has been replaced with a generic humbucker ( to cure noise issues when recording ) all in all it sounds really good and plays as good as any other git i've ever tried ( 2mm action at the 12th )

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm not a dive bomber or really in need of a lot of trem, but I do like a waggle sometimes. default/smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down