Topic: Jackson JS 22 Dinky Arch Top

I currently own a Schecter C1 Custom, which I love but developed a loose connection which I looked at but was unable to fix. Since the shops where shut for repairs I ordered a new guitar. Orginally the Ibenez 2018 RGRT621DPB bu after a month still never came.  So I bought a Jackson JS 22 Dinky Arch Top, which came really quick.

For a low priced guitar seems really good overall(although cant really compare as not much experience with different ones).  I found solo stuff easy to play with my fingers flying over the frets at a breeze.  But I found when playing rhythm songs with distortion sounds a bit muddy.  But i'm guessing this is expected from the stock pickups which are Jackson® High Output Humbucking.  I'm thinking if I changed the pickups then this would be an excellent guitar.

I play a lot of rock/metal stuff like Joe Satriani,  Metallica but also Mozart, Beethoven, Bach but with distortion. For example Solfeggietto by Cpe Bach but with the distortion that starts from low end first string up to high up and also my own stuff.  So looking for ideas for good pickups that have plenty of distortion, low end but also good for solo stuff that doesn't sound muddy.

So my question is does anyone also have experience with this guitar and what do they think? Can you recommend any better pickups to upgrade the guitar?

Thanks in advance

James

Thumbs up Thumbs down