Topic: Time and what should be practiced in beginning?

I am wondering how much a newbie should practice and which is the right time to practice. Along with that what you would recommend for newbies to practice? What have you done?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Time and what should be practiced in beginning?

I don't think there's a right time to practice as long as you're free to play with your guitar then play with it. The more time you have to spend practicing the better chance you will be good at it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think you should practice at a relaxed time of day. Take 20 minutes and go and work on your skill.

First I would advise you try to learn a couple of chords from a simple song such as Wonderwall by Oasis.

Then once you have mastered chord changes move onto learning scales and melodies then solos.

IMO, I never tried to do it in quick time. I gave myself some time to figure out what really I am doing. I am great learner on how and why Tunes goes and how does it progress.
But at the beginning  I gave myself some regular 3 hours a day. I listen to many music and tried to play out myself, Later I look for chords, Tabs, and now notations... so I did take stepwise lesson.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Just keep in mind that you won't master everything in one day. It takes a lot of time and patience.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

In the beginning, it is better to learn to play basic chords. 1 – 2 hours daily is more than enough for a beginner. Once you get used to chords then start playing lead.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I would think 1-2 hours per day is too long for  a new player. I think you can learn the guitar with 20 minutes to half an hours practice a day when you are new to it.

I think once you get into it you will want to play and practice more than this.

It is certainly not essential to play for 2 hours a day to get good at the guitar - most people simply do not have this kind of time.

I don't think there's a right time to practice as long as you're free to play with your guitar then play with it. The more time you have to spend practicing the better chance you will be good at it.

very truly said no right time,
but make sure if u have less time with u, atleast one hr a day is essential,so tht ur fingers can keep movin,
i will be soon strtin out some lessons here to help out newbiew, how to begin and wht way to proceed

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You should practice finger excercise first. Play first four frets with four fingers. then move one fret below and play again. Repeat this till you reach 12th post. Then trace your way back. Try to do this as fast as you can

Then learn major chords. Get a rythm and start changing chords without breaking tht rythm. Then cut tht rythm and change in half beat. Learn minor chords and so on.

As learning is non-stop and non-ending process so you might never end. just carry on. default/smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

there is no right time but i think it is better to play when you do have time, guitar is a passion so wherever you have free spare do play some this make you better than the average player.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I don`t think is a certain time for practice...do it as long as you feel you wanna do it, do it from and with passion...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yes, you are right..
there is not certain time for practice...
passion is important ......

Thumbs up Thumbs down

yes i think for beginners. i think 20 minutes a day will be enough. specially if you are really busy. but if you have more time then it will be really better to spend a little more time.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

when i started to play i did about 40 muintes a day but 20 i would say is best. default/smile

jackson guitars are the best

Thumbs up Thumbs down