Topic: Slash' New Album

I am a massive fan of Guns N Roses (old lineup!!) and more recently I found that I quite liked a lot of the Slash's Snakepit music.

So I was pleased to hear that Slash was bringing out a new album of which I bought from iTunes the other day.

Regarding the music itself, I do like it. A lot of the songs have grown on me. However the guitar work, moth melodically and technically just do not live up to the guitar work in the GnR period.

Has anyone else heard the album and what are your thoughts?

Re: Slash' New Album

I've not heard it; I hadn't even heard it was out. I'm gonna check it out on youtube at the weekend. (just to be sure before investing in the price of a CD; I am Scottish you know)

I was really dissappointed in the Guns n' Roses "Chinese Democracy" album. It was Axl Rose singing but it wasn't G n R.

I totally agree with what you're saying about the "old lineup" -  GnR was what it was because of a combination of some very distinct styles. That's all gone now I'm afraid.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

mikeyBoab wrote:

I was really dissappointed in the Guns n' Roses "Chinese Democracy" album. It was Axl Rose singing but it wasn't G n R.

Yes I totally felt the same way. I still liked the album to some degree but it certainly shouldn't be considered to be GnR at all!

I think even if the original lineup did reform, I doubt very uch that magic could ever be recreated!

No, you're probably right, what a shame. Is Steven Adler still around? Come to think of it, are any of them still around except Axl and Slash?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Most of the others carried on with Velvet Revolver. I heard Steven Adler was doing some TV stuff recently bit nothing I have seen.

I am not sure whether Velvet Revolver are still intending to go on or whether they have split for good now either.

Olly wrote:

I am a massive fan of Guns N Roses (old lineup!!) and more recently I found that I quite liked a lot of the Slash's Snakepit music.

So I was pleased to hear that Slash was bringing out a new album of which I bought from iTunes the other day.

Regarding the music itself, I do like it. A lot of the songs have grown on me. However the guitar work, moth melodically and technically just do not live up to the guitar work in the GnR period.

Has anyone else heard the album and what are your thoughts?

HI olly
What do you think about slash's new song beatiful dangerous with fergie?
I thought fergie sounds not too bad as a "rock chick" but her reputation as an rnb singer messes it all up.:/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

VinceLeeLawless wrote:

HI olly
What do you think about slash's new song beatiful dangerous with fergie?
I thought fergie sounds not too bad as a "rock chick" but her reputation as an rnb singer messes it all up.:/

Hey

I don't mind the song. I think she sounds ok bit like you say, her reputation does kind of mess it up a little! But on the music alone I think it is ok!