Topic: Gibson Super Goldtone GA60-RV

Hi,

I'm selling my Gibson Goldtone amp on ebay.

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gibson-Goldtone-G … 3f0188402e

Have a look if you're interrested!

Thanks!

Marie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Gibson Super Goldtone GA60-RV

bump;-)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I see you have had a bit of interest already with still over 6 days to go - what do you hope to get for this amp in the end?

really dont know. it's hard to say with these amps the last one i've seen for sale ages ago went for over £1200.
if someone really wants it maybe i can get something near that. but as economics are at the moment i also know that i can be happy if i get half that. thats why i put in an auction.......

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, I hope you have better results from eBay than I had- and not just Ebay but about another 6 local aussie and international online sales and auction portals, with the aim of establishing a viable online addition to the retail sales I have at the moment from my music business...the end result for guitars that were high quality and I thought very keenly priced was a big fat zero. Which is why I find Olly's site and the range of gear available so impressive- it wouldn't be there unless it sells, I guess.
I've got to say it's a whole lot harder to sell online than I thought it would be.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Actually selling online is a really difficult game. It is a buyers market out there and people will only want to buy at the lowest prices which means making a profit is really hard work.

It also stops the smaller people from starting as only the big players can buy in sufficient numbers to compete on price.

My store is partnered with a couple of the larger UK companies. There is no way I could hold all this stock myself!

Do you retail using drop shipping? Most wholesalers here won't work on that basis, and margins are around 30%- no where enough to cover down-time and overheads, I feel, in todays economic climate. Freedom, who produce a vast range of pretty much every musical instrument under the Chinese sun, and are well worth checking out, work on a 100% margin through their disributors here- quality is that of gear that retails for at least double the RR. I assume they sell into the UK, Olly. Just a thought....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi Aussie - thanks I will check this out.

I always think that often price so erlative to quality when talking about branded instruments as you end up paying a lot for the brand itself.

That's certainly the case now, I feel. Takamine in particular is grossly overpriced, as are the bottom-end Fender Acoustics, although I played a Col Clarke Fender acoustic for the first time yesterday and it was really great.
I notice the Aria resonator I just got is made in China, and it's fine.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

auction ending this evening 8pm!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

(british summer time)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This is where the action will really start! Do you have many people watching at the moment?

How'd it go!?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks!

------------------
| Disney dvd

Thumbs up Thumbs down