Topic: do you feel using effects give you more creativity

To answer my own question. Yes, well, I think it can put  me in  a different musical enviroment and you can explore new musical ideas

my lyrics, my guitar and my imagination

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: do you feel using effects give you more creativity

I think I would be lost without my delay pedal for lead playing/solos. When I first got into lead playing I got this delay pedal and it opened up my whole style.

So yes, in some instances it can really open up your creativity and provide much inspiration and motivation for your guitar playing!

Oh yea, right now one of the most important things I got for effects is my Korg Tone works Pandora PX4D.
It has lots of effects and differnt amp modles and cabs. Since I mostly play metal, I love the stacked sound with a '80s British tone. I'm also a huge fan of delays as well. I'm hoping to get the Sonnus midi guitar device so I can play notes from my synth and Roland on my guitar XD

Live for Electro,Die for Metal \m/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

No, effects may in some cases enhance what i am doing but they do not give me anymore creativity. When i am writing, or just playing with ideas i prefer to play clean, so i can hear exactley what i am about. i may add ideas as to what effects i may want to use, but only after i have i clear vision of what i want.

Just Another Geetarman

Thumbs up Thumbs down

5 (edited by polyal 06-05-12 23:00:37)

satisfaction by the stones would never have happened if it wasn't for the " fuzz box "
loads of epic riffs have been created using FX.....for an electric git player some sort of
' colouration ' will always inspire creativity ....but a nice sounding acoustic can also be very inspiring in its own right...so if a sound plucks the right strings ..use it

Thumbs up Thumbs down

polyal wrote:

satisfaction by the stones would never have happened if it wasn't for the " fuzz box "
loads of epic riffs have been created using FX.....for an electric git player some sort of
' colouration ' will always inspire creativity ....but a nice sounding acoustic can also be very inspiring in its own right...so if a sound plucks the right strings ..use it

It's a case of whatever floats your boat, for as said before, effects get in the way, when i am being creative i prefer clean sounds, and i imagine what effects maybe needed to work with the mood and sound i want to produce. As said, works for me.

Just Another Geetarman

Thumbs up Thumbs down

RickyB wrote:

It's a case of whatever floats your boat

...nail on the head
rock on

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Love effects for some composing and no effects on others like Ricky b said its what floats yer boat.

Imagine if the words of Imagine ever came true.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down