Topic: tapping the foot

Ok, I got to say, this has been a major problem.  It seems like I want to feel the rhythm in my head and match it with the tapping of the foot.  I feel maybe most of the time  that with out any backing tracks or drum beat  I  feel that I  am pushing myself and it doesn't feel natural .
Do any of you have this problem too

my lyrics, my guitar and my imagination

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: tapping the foot

Are you saying that you struggle to tap your foot to the beat when there is no backing?

Perhaps you're more of a lead guitarist than a rhythm guitarist. It took me years to accept that I was naturally a rhythm guitarist; I struggled against this because I wanted to play sexy cool solos but just couldn't, then I realised that being able to keep rhythm was a skill that few lead guitarists had - neither one is better than the other but very few musicians are skilled at both.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Olly wrote:

Are you saying that you struggle to tap your foot to the beat when there is no backing?

yes, I think that is right

before, even if I listened to drums as the main beat my foot and brain didn't jive, but little by little it is improving. Without some kind of rhythm  beat going though it is difficult for me to keep in rhythm

Thumbs up Thumbs down

mikeyBoab wrote:

Perhaps you're more of a lead guitarist than a rhythm guitarist. It took me years to accept that I was naturally a rhythm guitarist; I struggled against this because I wanted to play sexy cool solos but just couldn't, then I realised that being able to keep rhythm was a skill that few lead guitarists had - neither one is better than the other but very few musicians are skilled at both.

mikey

I do find myself always playing lead unless I'm writing a song

Thumbs up Thumbs down

There you go! Hey we should jam sometime!! I'll keep rhythm and you can lead.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

yes, I think that is right

----------------------------
Dragon Ball Z DVD Box set

Thumbs up Thumbs down