Topic: Thunder

Since recently discovering the band Thunder I have been listening non stop to their music.

I am kind of gutted that I have only discovered them now, one year on after they split from a 20 year career! The singer, Danny, has an exceptional voice that sounds perfect even whilst singing live.

Check this out:

[youtube]/watch?v=-o_GDfwYDHo&p=7711A33E88968E36&playnext=1&index=37[/youtube]

Re: Thunder

I know what you mean - I only heard them recently on a compilation album. I'm surprised they weren't better known in their heyday.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I have been checking out a load of their stuff and the songs are so well written.

Check out this one:

[youtube]/watch?v=Rm-J4OWyucY&p=E8598A78D25E66F7&playnext=1&index=23[/youtube]

One of the things I am finding great about this band is that there are hardly any tabs online. Being generally lazy I will usually just look up something if I fancy playing it. With Thunder I can find little tabs and not very accurate so I have been spending my time working it out.

I have always known how helpful this is to training your ear but I always too the easy approach.

Check out the chord progression in the chorus

I think this band had everything it took to become massive but for some reason, perhaps wrong place at wrong time, they never became as big as they deserved.

Having discovered Thunder and checking out the comments on Youtube and other blogs I think many fans feel the same way!

Another interesting thing I learnt is that the guitarist, Luke Morely, wrote pretty much all the material on his own.

Real inspirational stuff for us guitarists! Luckily he had a very versatile singer to get his songs sung!

Lyrics wise, very talented writer
Never heard of the band or its music before, thanks for the post

how do you post a youtube vid on the forum

my lyrics, my guitar and my imagination

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yes I had not heard about them until very recently and now I am finding I am enjoying more and more of their music.  I find it great to listen to as well as analyse to help with my own songwriting!

Posting youtube vids is a function that I managed to get working yesterday. You need to take the youtube url after the .com and surround it in youtube tags like this:

[youtube]/watch?v=kAkoWUvHTVU[/youtube]

This should give you a video like this:

[youtube]/watch?v=kAkoWUvHTVU[/youtube]

This is the most popular Thunder song that most people will know

[youtube]/watch?v=jTv3F_PhLEE&feature=PlayList&p=1CA19E187C0D51CE&index=0&playnext=1[/youtube]

how do I find the URL

my lyrics, my guitar and my imagination

Thumbs up Thumbs down

watermelon john wrote:

how do I find the URL

It will be in the address bar of your browser where you would usually type www. etc.

so for example the full URL of the example above is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAkoWUvHTVU

Hope this makes sense