Topic: CubaseLE and instrument sounds

I am looking for some standard sounds that you would find on a keyboard like strings, organ etc but I don't seem to have anything that comes with cubase. Is this correct? If so is there anything icould download to get some of these sounds?

Thanks

2 (edited by polyal 20-10-10 17:44:36)

Re: CubaseLE and instrument sounds

i use shortcircuit 2 sampler ( free ).....you sample anything that you fancy...from any source....save
as an instrument and load into cubase as you need them...you build up your library bit by bit...i got ripped off by tascam ( withdrawing support for giga3 )...i would never use an instrument or system  that has to be activated via a website again

it can be a bit long winded but once you get it sorted theres no being p***ed about by sh!tehouse softsynth/
instrument vendors

the thing ive found is that you only need two or three good basses/bass drums/snares etc to fullfill the need for
most conventional tracks... buying synths and softsynths with billions of sounds is overkill

if you play in a band the bass drum/bass/snare etc is the same for every song you perform so i use the same philosophy ( had to look  that up ) when using cubase
i play in a duo doing covers and usually do 20 songs per gig using custom backings.....theve all got the same BD/sn/bass etc

there are good freebee instruments knocking about for starters though....goto
http://www.hitsquad.com/
http://www.vst4free.com/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Excellent thanks a lot for the tips. I hope to check these out this weekend.

What I was looking for was just to create a simple backing tracks with strings or similar when I could just hold a note for as long as I like, noodle around on the guitar for a bit, then hit another note and noodle around on that etc and currently I don't really have anything that allows for a sustained note like that!

Out of interest, what is your favourite song to pay currently out of your setlist?

try to get ' embracer ' which is a cubase vsti  ( pad sounds )
if you give me an email address i will try and send it...its a dll you put into
cubase vstplugins folder and open in devices-->vst instruments

the type of songs we play are not to ' cheezy ' but known ...things like ' lean on me '  ' cocaine '  ' unchain
my heart ' my favourite to play is probably ' the joker ( steve miller )

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Cool thanks I'll pm you right away

whats pm?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Private message top right of forum should say new message or similar

Polyal - did you get the message that I sent to you? If so, I have not received any emails as yet! Jsut worried that it might get caught in junk mail or something!