Topic: That one song you always play . . .

I think every guitarist has that one song that gets played every time he or she picks up the guitar.

Mine is probably "I remember you" by Skid Row or "Still got the blues" by Gary Moore.

What's yours?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: That one song you always play . . .

Just had a crack at "Still got the blues". Nice song!! Easy to get carried away tho!!
Now I need a sustain pedal!!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It has to be "House of the Rising Sun"  default/roll  funny because I live in the land of the Rising Sun  default/big_smile

my lyrics, my guitar and my imagination

Thumbs up Thumbs down

mikeyBoab wrote:

Mine is probably "I remember you" by Skid Row

Must listen to that song later! I love Skidrow. 18 and Life and Youth Gone Wild are also amazingly good to rock out to!

I used to have songs that I would always play when I picked up my guitar but for some reason, these days, I don't seem to. I think it depends on what I have been focusing on learning at the time.

As I have already harped on about enough, I have been listening to a lot of Thunder recently and due to the limited number of tabs online I have been forcing myself to learn by ear - something that I know is great for progressing with the guitar but something I am usually too lazy to do and end up just looking at the tab.

So within the last few weeks I pretty much start off by playing the opening to "English Man On Holiday" though I expect this will change as soon as i move onto another song!

Olly wrote:

I love Skidrow. 18 and Life and Youth Gone Wild are also amazingly good to rock out to!

I remember Sebastian Bach had "Youth Gone Wild" tattooed down his forearm. I often wonder if he regrets it now!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Every time I played my guitar, I always play Buses and Trains, I just love the melody and it's kind of related in my current situation.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

ACDC you shook me all night long

Imagine if the words of Imagine ever came true.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

mikeyBoab wrote:

I remember Sebastian Bach had "Youth Gone Wild" tattooed down his forearm. I often wonder if he regrets it now!

I would think so! default/lol

Definitely Adam Lambert - Whataya Want From Me! Even though I can't sing it to save my life but that's what the lead singer of our band is for  default/wink

Check out my hobbyist guitar advice (and other random fun posts default/smile  ) blog! - http://www.ihatebarrechords.com

Thumbs up Thumbs down