Topic: what strings

What strings do you use? make and gauge,  default/smile  I use, D'Addario XL nickel super light gauge, in 9-42s on my electrics. And Roto Sound, super bronze contact core, in extra light, 10-50s on my acoustic, (these are awesome strings)  default/roll

I didn't get where I am today,
by being somewhere else.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

2 (edited by polyal 26-10-10 18:59:51)

Re: what strings

rotosound yellows 10-46...good compromise when gigging mainstream songs..chords sound good..and bendable for soloing (but not as easy as 9-42)...i think they're a bit cheaper as well because they,re
made in the UK

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I use the cheapest strings - legacy I believe 9-42s though once I get through my current stock I am going to try and get some more expensive strings and see how much it affects the tone if at all.

I changed to these cheap strings many years ago when I was changing them once every few days. I never noticed any difference in using more expensive strings. My ear any playing has matured somewhat since then so I had better check it out again!

SIT and nothing else.  I like the Rock N Roll series.  Love the tone.  Everything else is unremarkable for me, and Ive played so many.

Instructor

http://rnbacademy.com

Online Guitar Academy

Thumbs up Thumbs down