Topic: Les Paul Custom and Standard

Whats the difference guys? Thinking of getting a les paul for my wedding anniversary, or a fender telecaster?

If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Les Paul Custom and Standard

Down to personal preference, they are very different beast's, the Gibson has a fat neck, and a fat sound, humbucking p/u's overdrive valve amps easier and probably better,
The Fender on the other hand, has a lovely C shaped and very comfortable slim neck, smaller fret's, and single coil p/u's, which give a much cleaner clear sound,
It's down to so many different things, the music you play, the size of your hands, I would say try them both before you decide..... default/smile
http://s3.postimage.org/bxgkyv9g/rockin.gif

good luck whichever you choose... default/smile

I didn't get where I am today,
by being somewhere else.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"GET THE TELE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I would love one.

Imagine if the words of Imagine ever came true.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Having owned both, they have their good points each.  But I ended up selling my Les Paul and keeping the Telecaster. In my opinion both were hard to get used to, but I'm happy with having the Tele as my main axe  default/smile

my lyrics, my guitar and my imagination

Thumbs up Thumbs down

watermelon john wrote:

Having owned both, they have their good points each.  But I ended up selling my Les Paul and keeping the Telecaster. In my opinion both were hard to get used to, but I'm happy with having the Tele as my main axe  default/smile

You Lucky, Lucky B*****D!!

Taken from the "Life of Brian"

[url][youtube]/watch?v=8EI7p2p1QJI[/url][/youtube]

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You Lucky, Lucky B*****D!!

Taken from the "Life of Brian"

He's not the messiah,
He's a very naughty boy......
http://s3.postimage.org/kksi1txg/headbanging.gif

I didn't get where I am today,
by being somewhere else.