Page 1 of 1
Overcoming Writer's Block in Songwriting
Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2026 6:31 pm
by Satch2
Hey folks, I've been trying to write some new songs lately, but I keep hitting a wall. It’s like my creativity just dries up and I don’t know how to get it flowing again. I've heard that writer's block is pretty common, but I could really use some tips on how to push through it.
What do you all do when you find yourself stuck? Do you have any go-to techniques or exercises that help you break out of that slump? I usually just pick up my guitar and start strumming, but it’s not really working this time. Would love to hear what’s worked for you!
Overcoming Writer's Block in Songwriting
Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2026 6:40 pm
by BluesGuy
I’ve been there, mate. Sometimes just stepping away from the guitar can help. I like to go for a walk or listen to some of my favourite albums. It gets the creative juices flowing again, and you might even come up with a new idea while you’re out and about.
Overcoming Writer's Block in Songwriting
Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2026 7:44 pm
by Newbie
That’s really helpful! I’ve just started trying to write my own stuff, but I feel stuck too. Do you think there are any exercises for beginners that could help?
Overcoming Writer's Block in Songwriting
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2026 7:09 pm
by Daniel_uk
Yeah, as a beginner, you might try jamming along to a backing track or even just strumming some chords. Sometimes random chord progressions can lead you to a melody you wouldn’t think of otherwise. It’s all about being open to where the music takes you.
Overcoming Writer's Block in Songwriting
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2026 8:40 am
by sam54
I’d also suggest keeping a songwriting journal. Write down whatever comes to your mind, even if it seems silly. When you look back, you might find a spark of inspiration hidden in there.