Page 1 of 1

Nervous Before Gigs – How Do You Handle It?

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2026 4:06 pm
by UKPete24
Hey everyone,

So I’ve got my first proper gig coming up next week, and to be honest, I’m feeling a bit of a mix between excitement and sheer panic. I’ve played in front of friends before, but this is a whole different ball game. I’m worried about messing up and just feeling overwhelmed on stage.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks for managing performance anxiety? I've heard a few things like warming up properly or even breathing exercises, but I’m curious about what’s actually worked for you guys. I want to enjoy the experience instead of just stressing out. Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Nervous Before Gigs – How Do You Handle It?

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2026 9:00 am
by BluesGuy
Hey UKPete24, I totally get where you're coming from! I still get a bit nervous before gigs. One thing that really helps me is to visualise the whole performance beforehand—like imagining myself on stage playing smoothly. Plus, try to enjoy the process and remember that the audience is there to have a good time, not to judge you. Just breathe and have fun!

Nervous Before Gigs – How Do You Handle It?

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2026 9:12 am
by sam54
Absolutely! And don't forget to do a decent warm-up before you go on. It really helps settle those nerves. Just playing through some familiar riffs can make a big difference in how confident you feel.

Nervous Before Gigs – How Do You Handle It?

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2026 7:49 am
by Daniel_uk
I agree with Sam. A warm-up can be a great way to get in the zone. Also, maybe try to meet some of the other musicians before you go on? It can help to break the ice and make everything feel a bit more relaxed.

Nervous Before Gigs – How Do You Handle It?

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2026 6:50 pm
by MetalPlayer
Visualisation is great, but I also find that focusing on the gear helps me. Make sure your setup is spot on—like having everything dialled in on your amp and pedals. The more prepared you are, the less you’ll worry about it on stage.

Nervous Before Gigs – How Do You Handle It?

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 9:15 am
by Robguitaruk
Yeah, feeling prepared is key. I like to pick a couple of songs I know inside out and make sure I play them well before the gig. That helps me feel a bit more grounded, you know? And remember, it’s all part of the experience!