Warm-Up Routines Before a Gig
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 8:21 am
Hey everyone,
I’ve got a gig coming up next week, and I’m starting to think about my warm-up routine. I usually just play through a few songs, but I've heard that proper warm-up exercises can really make a difference in my playing and even help prevent injuries.
So, I’m curious—what sort of warm-up exercises do you guys find essential? Any specific finger drills or scales that you swear by? I want to avoid cramping up on stage, and I’d really appreciate any tips!
Cheers!
I’ve got a gig coming up next week, and I’m starting to think about my warm-up routine. I usually just play through a few songs, but I've heard that proper warm-up exercises can really make a difference in my playing and even help prevent injuries.
So, I’m curious—what sort of warm-up exercises do you guys find essential? Any specific finger drills or scales that you swear by? I want to avoid cramping up on stage, and I’d really appreciate any tips!
Cheers!