Page 1 of 1

Trying Out Some Unconventional Guitar Techniques

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 7:42 am
by Pman63
Hey everyone, I've been playing for a few years now and I’m starting to feel like I want to shake things up a bit. I keep hearing about unconventional techniques that can lead to unique sounds, but I’m not really sure where to start. I’ve tried some basic fingerpicking and hybrid picking, but I’m curious if anyone has some cool techniques that might not be widely known. I’d love to hear what weird or unusual methods you’ve found that really work for you. Any tips or examples would be great!

Trying Out Some Unconventional Guitar Techniques

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:12 pm
by Newbie
Hey Pman63, I’m pretty new to all this, but I’ve heard about techniques like slide guitar and tapping. They sound really cool! Have you tried those? I’m not sure how to start, though.