Page 1 of 1
Help with My First Guitar Setup
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 8:10 am
by Newbie
Hey everyone, I've just started playing guitar and I’ve gotten my hands on a decent electric. I want to make sure it's set up well but honestly, I have no idea where to start. I've heard people talk about action height and intonation, but I’m not really sure what those mean or how to adjust them. Is there a basic setup guide for beginners? Any tips on what I should focus on first to make it easier to play? Cheers!
Help with My First Guitar Setup
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 11:26 am
by Newbie
Thanks, Sam! That makes sense. How do I actually adjust the action height? Is it just the bridge or something else too?
Help with My First Guitar Setup
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:43 pm
by MetalPlayer
You’ve got to check both the bridge and the nut, mate. The bridge is where you’ll do most of the adjusting. If you've got a tremolo system, it can be a bit tricky, but just follow what Sam said. Intonation is also key if you want to keep your guitar in tune across the fretboard. Never hurts to check that as well!