Page 1 of 1
Finding My Guitar Voice: Any Tips?
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 9:45 am
by Andysounds91
Hey everyone, I’ve been playing for a few years now and I’m starting to feel like I need to develop my own style rather than just copying my favourite guitarists. I’ve dabbled in rock and blues, but I’m struggling to figure out what truly resonates with me. I’m not sure if I should focus on one genre or keep mixing things up. How did you all find your signature sound? Any suggestions on how to explore this without getting overwhelmed?
Finding My Guitar Voice: Any Tips?
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 11:43 am
by Leeacoustic81
Hey Andysounds91! Finding your style can be a bit tricky, but I think it’s all about experimenting. When I was starting out, I tried playing along to a mix of genres. You might discover that certain techniques or chord progressions resonate more with you. Have you tried writing your own songs yet? It can really help you express what you enjoy!
Finding My Guitar Voice: Any Tips?
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 1:28 pm
by AmpTech1984
Hi there! It's great that you're thinking about your own sound. One way to explore is by tweaking your gear a bit. For instance, changing your pedal setup can drastically affect your tone. Maybe try a few different settings or combinations to see what inspires you the most. It’s often in the technical side where you can find your unique voice!
Finding My Guitar Voice: Any Tips?
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:57 pm
by GearNerd
I totally get where you're coming from, Andysounds91. Mixing genres is a good way to discover what clicks for you. If you’re comfortable with your gear, try experimenting with different pickups and pedals; they can help you find new textures in your playing. Sometimes it’s about the gear that inspires you to play differently!
Finding My Guitar Voice: Any Tips?
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 7:30 am
by sam54
Good points from everyone! I think sometimes less is more. Rather than getting overwhelmed with too many genres, focus on a couple that you really enjoy. Simplicity in your playing can often lead to a more genuine sound. You might be surprised at how much you can express with just a few chords!