Page 1 of 1

Struggling with Rhythmic Accuracy – Need Tips!

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 8:02 am
by Newbie
Hey everyone! I've been playing guitar for a while now, but I seem to be hitting a wall when it comes to my rhythmic accuracy. I often find myself rushing through riffs or getting a bit behind the beat, especially when I try to play along with backing tracks. I know a metronome is supposed to help, but I can’t seem to keep my timing steady while playing actual songs.

Are there specific exercises or techniques you guys use to improve rhythm? Maybe some fun patterns or drills that helped you? I’m really keen to hear what’s worked for you. Cheers!

Struggling with Rhythmic Accuracy – Need Tips!

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 11:13 am
by AmpTech1984
Hey Newbie! Rhythmic accuracy can be tricky, but it’s great that you want to work on it. A metronome is essential; try setting it to a slower tempo and playing simple chord progressions or scales. It’s all about feeling the beat rather than rushing through it. Once you feel comfortable, gradually increase the tempo. Also, try clapping the rhythm out first before you play it on the guitar. It helps internalise the timing!

Struggling with Rhythmic Accuracy – Need Tips!

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 3:14 pm
by Newbie
Thanks, AmpTech1984! That clapping idea sounds like a fun way to get into the groove. Do you have any specific songs in mind that are good for practice? I’m a bit lost on where to start with that.