Topic: new to you

Hey there

I have been strumming for a few months with any real gusto, know a few chords and think I'm almost ready for late-at-night-campfire level entertainment..  really really late at night.

Anyway.. having listened to a few of the home recordings here on this site I see  that I have a long way to go.. it would help if I understood the basics of music but I don't.. which is ironic because my job is implementing a junior music program for young children..  luckily you don't need to know much past do re me fa so to behave like a playschool presenter/ the fifth wiggle/justine clarke (any of those familiar?) Fun job though default/smile

Anyway I recently got dumped and so I'm full of fire and angry poetry at the moment. I hope I can get something out of it... and turn it into a song or two.

I wrote my 'first song' just before I got dumped and it's so melancholic and self pitying that you'd think I might have seen the oncoming onslaught... i didn't - haha.

Anyway, I have only ever played in front of a group of very drunk friends once before. and just one song.. I think I suffer from stage fright, but I hope to at least entertain an invisible audience for better or worse....

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Re: new to you

hello

Imagine if the words of Imagine ever came true.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

hi m8 welcome

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hey and welcome! You sound a lot like me! I have never really played in front of any kind of audience!

Look forward to hearing your stuff!

Hello and welcome to the forum

Thumbs up Thumbs down