Topic: First Song Played On Guitar

Everyone starts learning an instrument with a song. This first song reminds us the way we went through with our musical life. Well! I started with 2 songs "Hotel California - The Eagles" and "Every Breath You Take - The Police". Even if I don't play / use guitar for whole of my life, I won't ever forget to play these songs. I still love to play them and still I'm not so perfect in it.  8)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: First Song Played On Guitar

Ill start with the nirvana album from in-utero to the last one unplugged in new york . . . the song is easy to play though

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Wow those songs can be hard to play correctly for your first songs - I guess just the chords are pretty easy!

i think my first proper songs I learnt on the guitar was the riff to smoke on the  water - very easy and effective - anyone can learn this pretty quick and its very good to motivate you to continue guitar!

The first two I learned were sunshine of your love, and hey joe

Both easy songs to play the basics, then also good to start learning to solo - chucking in a lick or two, trhen returning back to the main pattern

satisfaction, house of the rising sun, teenage kicks etc came next....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I couldn't even think about playing Hotel California when i started.I started with Riders On The Storm (The Doors). This is a kindda blues song. At least in terms of song structure. It consists of four verses and each one is twelve measures in length.so i found it easy to start with.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

My very first song on guitar (and that way long ago) was....
STAND BY ME --- B.B. King

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Jeez... It was a long time ago... but It was only the intro of Smell like teen spirits... you know Nirvana... Really good to remember....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMEKFPWn1GI

Thumbs up Thumbs down