Topic: Download + Guitars

Just got back from Download. What a messy weekend but the bands were great.

My main highlights were:

Metallica
Tenacious D
Black Sabbath
Slash
Ugly Kid Joe

And there were loads of others.

Also I got home to find my new Les Paul had arrived - so pictures will follow.

I also recently received my custom made acoustic guitar which plays and sounds so nice. Really pleased with this one.

Happy days!

Re: Download + Guitars

Man how green you wanna make me.  Download and a Les Paul.......

Looking forward to pics

Imagine if the words of Imagine ever came true.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Here is my Les Paul. In the end I went for a classic plus. I am not sure all the ins and outs of the differences but what I do know is this has the 60s neck which is a lot slimmer than the 50s so it plays really easily. It is also non chambered - or at least not the extent as the standards.

http://s14.postimage.org/4b3siuwu5/photo_1.jpg

It plays really nicely and I am loving it at the moment.

http://s7.postimage.org/4swgtgzzb/photo_2.jpg

This is my custom made "Robin Greenwood" guitar. He is a local guy to my area and he has done a superb job on this. The sound is great and I can only see it improving with time.

They both look nice mate. The les paul looks the same as Slash used at the Freddie Murcury tribute concert.

[youtube]/watch?v=7KQW4thcMDY[/youtube]

Thumbs up Thumbs down

5 (edited by jamesd74 19-06-12 15:20:48)

I have heard that people get board with those Les Pauls and just throw them away. Because of this I have started a charity, where people can donate Les Pauls to me and only pay the postage to my house. 

Just thought I would let know Olly.    default/big_smile  default/big_smile  default/big_smile  default/big_smile  default/big_smile

I also take custom built guitars to..

It must be great having one built exclusively for you...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Cheers James

If that does happen I will certainly consider you. However it does seem very unlikely right now!

Anyhow - you have your SG so you should be grateful!!!

Thanks for the thought....I should be e mailing you some other thing later..

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Fab! I was meant to be going on the Sat to see Metallica, but ended up selling my 3 day ticket, (long story) and got a Sunday day ticket instead, then I could see Anthrax (got stuck in traffic for Soni last year so missed them) and Lamb of God - who where amazing!

Left after Megadeth as I was stressing about getting my non 4X4 out through the mud of the car park, plus there wasn't really anyone I was that  bothered about seeing on between them and Sabbath..

Had a fab time tho :-)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sounds good. I didn't see Lamb Of God as didn't know who they were but only heard good things about them since!

Saw loads of good bands. Never heard of Steel Panther before and I really liked their set!

It was nice there was a bit of sun on the Sunday!

Olly wrote:

Here is my Les Paul. In the end I went for a classic plus. I am not sure all the ins and outs of the differences but what I do know is this has the 60s neck which is a lot slimmer than the 50s so it plays really easily. It is also non chambered - or at least not the extent as the standards.

This is my custom made "Robin Greenwood" guitar. He is a local guy to my area and he has done a superb job on this. The sound is great and I can only see it improving with time.

I like them.

I would like to hear the acoustic. Have a sound sample soon for us Olly.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Olly wrote:

I like them.

I would like to hear the acoustic. Have a sound sample soon for us Olly.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

PS - Olly did you brave the camping?

I'd booked into a hotel in Derby...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Some of my pics from download if anyone wants a peek:-

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set … 920d9b7f4b

Thumbs up Thumbs down

looks dry.. lucky for you...picked a good week end for download..

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Apache wrote:

PS - Olly did you brave the camping?

I'd booked into a hotel in Derby...

No I am not one for camping at the best of times and I am very glad I did - I stayed in the holiday inn at Derby - it just meant that the taxis were ridiculously expensive for the whole three days and there were loads of delays in getting there and getting back!

Still better than sliding around in mud I think!

your photos are great- brings back good memories!

James - it was dry but incredibly muddy on day 1!

That's spooky Olly, I'd originally booked the Holiday Inn Express, then changed it to the Hallmark, as it was closer, and it also had a bar that would be still open when I got back :-)

How much were the taxi's out of interest?

James - I (for once!) was just very lucky and went on the only day it was sunny! (unlike last year, when I went on the only day it monsooned continuously!)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Arhhhh How we love rain...well you got to at the min

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Put it this way, if it carries on much longer I think people will be buying shares in arks   default/lol

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Funny I was thinking of buying an ark just in-case...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Apache wrote:

How much were the taxi's out of interest?

They were meant to fixed at £20 however after the first day when there was so much traffic they scrapped that rule and they just charged what they wanted.

The most we paid was £35 but 2 taxis a day for 3 days became pretty expensive between 2 people!

Good news is that the weather *may* be changing next week so hopefully some sun at last!

Eek - that sounds expensive! But I guess still far better than camping in the mud  default/smile

Yes - lets hope arks not needed....  The farmers haven't been able to take any hay yet, desperately need some nice weather then they can take their first cut..

Thumbs up Thumbs down

My favourite  default/big_smile   default/big_smile   default/big_smile

High quality of lorry training is important for accreditation.

Thumbs up Thumbs down