Topic: Matt Or Gloss

i have a gloss finish guitar but i would really like a matt finish acoustic. they look really nice. ive been in my only guitar store near me (dawsons) and they have a couple of the one i want. but they seem to have nylon strings. would i be better off getting the guitar i want with nylon strings or trying to find an alternative with steel strings? any ideas are welcome. thanks.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Matt Or Gloss

Nylon strings would normally be a Classical guitar rather than acoustic - so watch out for that. They generally tend to have wider necks and the nylons give a different sound and feel. Very nice though.

If it is just an acoustic then you can always retring anyhow.

Well, talk to the guy whos on shift there.... look up Simon & Patrick. It isnt a very popular brand but they make excellent & ver ybeautiful pieces for music...  as far as I know all the finishes on thier acoustics are Matt. My buddy actually owns one & it sounds simply amazing. If I Was a right handed player I would more than likely buy one of these.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Simon & Patrick are build here in my country (Québec)... Those are a decent guitar. They are made from the same factory and guys of Godin, Norman, Lapatrie guitars etc etc...

How much did they sell those in US ??? and wich model it is ??

Thumbs up Thumbs down